Thursday, August 13, 2015

Did She Say Days... or Weeks?

It's been so long since I've been here that my internet browser didn't even recognize my blog address as I typed it in.  You know how Google Chrome pulls up a drop-down list of sites you often visit after you've typed in the first few letters of the web address?  Didn't happen.  I half expected the blog to load with a big "Out of Service" sign plastered across the front page.

Here's what happened.  I'm sure you can guess, as it is exactly what happened the last time I went blog-missing (though this absence has been much longer).  We got pregnant in December, and just like my pregnancy with Anna, I got really sick.  This time it lasted longer and harder.  A lot of throwing up, a lot of lying on the couch watching Aaron cook and do the dishes, a lot of sitting in the rocker in Anna's room while she ran around.  Eventually, I started feeling a bit better, but then it was time to plant a garden, and then we took a trip to England, and well, life with a toddler????  (All the mamas nod in agreement.)  It's been all I can do this pregnancy to keep up with Anna and daily chores around the house.

But, I have missed this spot.  Tonight, I decided that I had to write at least once before baby boy makes his debut, which could be anytime in the next three weeks.


At my last doctor's appointment, after she told me I was dilated a teensy bit and that baby had definitely dropped, she pulled off her gloves and casually said, "But you're still tucked in up there, so I'd give you a few more days at least."

Ever since then, I have been wondering if she really said days...or did she say weeks and I wishfully heard days?  Or did she say days, but it was a mistake, and she meant weeks?  Or did she really and truly mean that she thinks this baby will come busting out in a FEW DAYS???

Do you see my predicament?

Obviously, there is nothing to do but spend every free minute I have lying under the ceiling fan and pondering the nuances of my doctor's last words to me.

Because if there are two things you'll never hear a 37 1/2 week pregnant woman say, they are:

1.  "Wow, is it cold in here?"
2.  "Oh, I really don't care when this baby comes."



1 comment:

  1. cartier replica sale is a member of the world's rolex replica sale manufacturer and distributor Swatch Group. Girard Perregaux GP series contains a new replica watches sale Traveller moment to grasp every minute, live a wonderful attitude, beautifully designed and full of rolex replica modern, dynamic and elegant posture leisure in one, a symbol of new life forms new era. This particular Breitling Superocean History Chronoworks replica watches uk expenses regarding $40, 000. Should you have not currently observed, prices does not usually appear to seem sensible within the fake rolex sale globe. Occasionally or else fascinating hublot replica uk tend to be marred with list costs that merely confound the actual customer's feeling associated with cause.

    ReplyDelete