Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Back in the Saddle

I have loads of posts knocking about in my head.  But tonight it is late, and I promised myself that I would start going to bed earlier because I keep staying up too late, and someone tiny and cute is still not "doing her nights" as the French would say.  Aka, she is still waking up screaming at 2 a.m. wanting to eat.

Tonight is about jumping back onto the blogging horse.  It will be random.  More cohesive, well-thought out things are sure to come soon.

Anna came down with her first true sickness last week.  She had roseola, which meant three and a half days of a high fever followed by two days of a rash.  It was the saddest thing.  Whenever I put her down, she would just lay on the floor with her cheek to the ground.  She didn't want any food, just wanted to nurse all the time. Little babies with fevers are like furnaces - her body was so hot in the middle of the night.  Why is it that sickness always seems to peak in the middle of the night when there is nothing that you can do but pray and hope that the hours until you can give more Tylenol pass quickly?

She's back to her sweet self now, crawling all over the house, making messes, chowing down on food.

We celebrated our fifth anniversary June 20 with a quick trip to Sedalia to stay the night in an historic hotel.  Aaron surprised me with a manicure and pedicure, and the next day we wandered about Powell Gardens looking at plants to my heart's delight.  It has been, in many ways, a long and tough year of marriage for us...somehow this makes the anniversary all the sweeter.  The night away was a time to exhale, talk about silly things and serious things, and attempt to sleep in.  Of course we still woke up at seven.

Aaron has the next two days off, and we are going to knock some projects off the house list.  Tonight it is so cool that I am drinking hot tea.  Our baby is sleeping, the house is mostly clean, and there is a delicious breeze drifting in the front door.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment