Friday, March 28, 2014

Contentment Diaries: Volume One

It has been printed on my mind today, that verse from Hebrews 13.

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  

I ache to live a content life.

So I looked around my life today.  Contentment breeds contentment, you know?  The genetic strain stays true - discontent will never birth content.


These cheeks.  So soft and so so very chubby.  Precious beyond words to me.   Her new thing of late is to arch her back and lurch away from me when I am holding her.  She's dipping her foot in the puddle of independence.  Seven months lingers days away, and she is growing big.  I kiss those cheeks, and for now, I pull her in close when she threatens to nosedive from my arms.  Can't get enough of her.



Vegetables to be made into spaghetti sauce.  Is our God not amazing and creative beyond our comprehension?  I love food. I love good food.  I love that God said, "Yes, carrots will be orange and long, and I will give tomatoes a thin skin to wrap up juice and flavor taut, and garlic will be a bulb covered in paper hiding sections like a surprise."


Seedlings that will be tall and fruitful.  Gardening is my jam, y'all!  Anna and I are going to spend many days outside this summer, and I will figure out a way to keep her from eating all the leaves and grass.  Or maybe I'll just let her roam.  A free-range baby, if you will.  Surely thousands of babies have eaten leaves and grass and lived to tell the story.



This is my story.  Goodness and mercy following me all the days of my life, yes.  My gracious.

My friends, how do you foster contentment?  Share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment