Monday, February 3, 2014

What a Free Spirit Does During Naptime

It might be the newness of this mama job, but I don't feel "cooped-up" or "stuck" at home. We only have one car, so most days I am stuck, but I love it!  I'm three-quarters hermit (the other quarter is German in case you're wondering), so I'm sure that's a contributing factor.

Anna has been taking longer naps lately, which I love.  Love until it's been an hour and a half, and then I start to miss her and want to go wake her up.  But in that first hour and half, great things happen.  Not productive things, mind you, but great.  

I'm easily rabbit-trailed - or as my Mom and Aaron say - I'm a great piddler.  Maybe this is also why I like to be at home?  I can piddle to my hearts content.   I like to couch this tendency as "free-spirited."  Makes me feel like I'm riding a horse with a scarf whipping behind me across the Oklahoma plains.  

I don't have a horse.  So instead, during naptime, I - 

Journal.  A little come to Jesus time for this free-spirit who often gets side-tracked in her spiritual walk as well.  


Cut bangs.  Just because.  My hair grows fast.  If I hate them - which I inevitably do, but I keep coming back - a bobby pin comes to the rescue until they're long enough to tuck behind my ear.




Make treats.  Two out of three Weavers currently have a cold, but these sound so much better than smoothies and hot lemon juice.  I'll even everything out with an extra Vitamin C.


As for the laundry, sweeping, and sewing project that's been wait-listed several days...

there's always the afternoon nap!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, love it! I've been doing the stay at home mama gig for 18 months now, and I don't feel cooped up either! There are some days I feel the need to get out of the house with her, but mostly I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. My sentiments exactly, Diana. Wish we lived closer, so on those occasional get-out-of-the-house days, we could hang out! :)

    ReplyDelete