Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fleeting Moments

It seems like lately I have heard a lot of mamas say, "I wish I could go back and spend more time with my kids when they were little."

When I want to work on a project or sleep through the night or drink my coffee without little chubby hands grabbing the mug and sloshing liquid out...

I remember the words of those mamas, and I know that here,

here in the thick of baby, I want to live wild and full and with intention and purpose.

Kissing her fat cheeks as often as I can.  Holding her while I cook or clean -maybe she's spoiled but I will never get to hold her like this again.  Lying on the floor next to her.

It's going so fast, and there is no rewind, no re-record, no take two.  

I've started taking one picture a day of us on self timer.  At some point during the day, I'll grab the camera and set it on something nearby.  I want memories of this ordinary extraordinary time.  Someday, she'll pull the albums off the shelf, and we'll go through them together.  "This is when you were starting to sit up."  "Your baby laugh was the sweetest."  "That outfit was one of my favorites to dress you in."



 

































What an enormous blessing you are to me, Anna Hope.  I love living life with you more than I ever thought I could.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lara, this is so sweet and I'm glad you're doing this. What a great idea. I love the normal-ness and the cozy affection of the photos. Actually, it brought tears to my eyes, mostly because I miss my kids so much - even when I'm with them. It's like I can feel every minute of their growing up. And it's beautifully painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! How do you get the focus right before you are in the pic? So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, I have no idea! We just had a little Sony point and shoot (before I lost it) :) and I guess it auto-focuses? I did push it halfway down to focus it on Anna before I hopped in.

    ReplyDelete