Sunday, March 24, 2013

Big changes

It is time.

Time to return to ye ol' blog.  Uh-hum.  Is this thing still on?

Well, a lot of life has happened since I last wrote.

Here's the short list:

- We got pregnant.
- I got sick as a dog for almost three months.
- We got a dog!

So yes.  Lying on the couch and asking Aaron to bring me apple juice and toast did not set me up to be a blogging success.  That's okay.  January, February, and most of March were like a big, long showing of Bill Murray's Groundhog Day, and you wouldn't have wanted to read about how nauseous I felt (again!) or how the puppy stole my shoe (again!).

The babe is set to arrive in early September.  We feel blessed, and sometimes overwhelmed, and alternately excited and nervous.  Things will change a lot!  It is somewhat terrifying to know that all the sin and selfishness unearthed in us upon marriage will now be uncovered even more as we give ourselves to this new little life.  I'm so thankful that our God is faithful, and that He travels all roads before us and hems us in behind.

Here's Maggie, the newest canine member of our family.  This is when she was a young spring pup, a fluffy ball.  Now she is gangly and teenagerish, and she barks sassily at us when we're eating and jumps on the couch even though she gets in trouble every single time.  We're happy we have a dog about 60% of the time.  We really do love her, although in this case, I must concede to the wisdom of my father given to me upon all my childhood requests: "Dogs are a lot of work, Lara!"


Hopefully I'll be back much sooner this go around.  I've missed writing!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and Aaron, Lara! Oddly enough, when you hadn't written a blog post for weeks, I told Dave, "Well, maybe she's pregnant, and not feeling well." :-O
    Anyway, I hope you're feeling better, and I'm very glad you are back!
    Love, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally!!!! I've been waiting and waiting for you to start writing again! Happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back! Love you dear!!!

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless your precious baby, Lara. I can't think of woman who is better suited for motherhood. Glad you're blogging again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lara, dogs are a lot of work.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! Congrats to you and Aaron! That is such exciting news! :)

    ReplyDelete