Saturday, January 28, 2012

the time is this


This is our life.

Our crazy, loud, goofy, beautiful life.

The one where we host barbecues in the dead of winter because it's fun and it's different and teenagers like both of those things.

I'm pulling out of the mid-winter ministry funk. I can feel it.


What I'm realizing is that this time is precious and short. We won't always be doing this. We won't always have barbecues in January or dress up every month or flip pancakes at the high school before the first bell rings. It's a sobering and motivating truth. We are invited into the lives of these precious young people for only a season. So what are we doing with it?

Tonight, I sit in a quiet room that was anything but quiet two hours ago, and I'm thankful. I know that several more times before this adventure ends, I'll be overwhelmed and burnt-out and discouraged and even angry. It happens. This is why I record the joy and remember the good. Here I raise an Ebenezer. I've marked the way.

Can I confide in you, as a side note, that I have a genetic disorder? I got this one from my mom, and it's called, "NotabletothrowSolocupsaway."


We'll use these babies again, mark my words.

Anyone wanna come to a February swim party?

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie, I do throw them away eventually--you know when the cups start cracking and you can't use them any more! :)

    I pray often for your ministry with K-Life. It is an amazing opportunity to reach many kids with the love and grace of Jesus. May you daily be empowered through His Spirit to do His work!

    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete