Friday, June 10, 2011

Good news/bad news

The good news is that I'm painting the dining room Oatland Subtle Taupe from Lowe's.
The bad news is that it's almost identical to the gallon of Walmart's Geneva Swan Gray which I decided wasn't quite right.

The bad news is that Aaron said I had to use painter's tape.
The good news is that I think it will peel the grime off the baseboards which I never got around to spring cleaning.

The good news is we pulled the massive antique piano out from the wall and now I can clean the floor underneath.
The bad news is it smells like a dead animal died in the back of it. (Aaron, can you tape the woodwork behind the piano, because I'm kind of afraid to go back there? Thanks, babe.)

The bad news is that when I ask my husband if I can buy a new delphinium that is such a pretty shade of blue, he says, "Do we have money in the budget? If we do, sure." And I have to stall the answer while I try to figure out how to make money drop from the sky into the gardening envelope.
The good news is that delphiniums are very hard to grow.

The good news is that I'm writing on my blog after a long silence.
The bad news is that my paintbrush is drying out.

Pictures of the subtle taupy goodness of our dining room to come soon...

1 comment:

  1. the good news is that we're friends...the bad news is that we still need to catch up:)

    ReplyDelete