Friday, April 15, 2011

wind up your arm

Psalm 111 begins with this: "Praise the Lord. I will extol the Lord with all my heart."

I scribbled the word extol down in my journal. A google search later, I had the Hebrew word.

Yadah. It means "to throw, cast."

What an beautiful picture. I will throw every praise I can think at the Lord. With all my heart I will cast praise upon praise toward Him. I will launch thanksgiving.

I think of a little kid, throwing a tantrum. He flings every movable object within his grasp across the room and with satisfaction, watches it thud. Now, change the motive. Keep the image in your mind, but instead of stuff propelled by anger, it's flying out of praise. We are flinging every movable object within our hearts toward the God of the universe. It's the motion of praise.

What battles are you facing today? Did you know, dear friend, it is not your job to win them? It is His, the One whose deeds are glorious and majestic (111:3). Your part is only this: Fling. Heave. Hurl. Lob praise onto your Father. Yes, even before you understand all the circumstances. He knows. And this day He ordained for you (Ps. 139:16). He holds. We throw.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lara. I needed to hear this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many guys use Oakley Frogskin for just two good czw6rf reasons : seeking excellent and also guarding face. Yet buying the completely wrong head wear or perhaps Oakley Frogskins can easily eliminate the frame of mind. This informative article looks at several 7 getting suggestions. Ensure you might be investing in a great couple of fantastic seeking Oakley Jawbones in which can feel normal on your own face. They need to furthermore offer you a sense regarding success. Thus test to find out Oakley Jawbonethe design or perhaps dimensions right for an individual. When you have a smaller confront, you need to be sporting more compact Cheap Oakley Sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete