Thursday, April 14, 2011

out of the vault

Our camera broke. One day, the screen began to short out at random, breaking the images into little lines. A few days after, I pressed the on button, and nothing happened.

I'd like to blame my absence on the broken camera.

Meanwhile, my Pops found a small Nikon digital camera on eBay. It's broken, but he thinks he knows how to fix it. It cost him $31.00, and we only have to pay for it if he fixes it. What a deal. And what a handy father I have. He can fix all manner of things, from roofs to plumbing, cameras to bicycles. I had the thought the other day that we could buy a broken flat screen TV. Aaron looked at me, puzzled. "It would be so much cheaper, and my dad could fix it!" I crowed. I don't actually know if he could, but Dad, since you're reading...what do you think?

In lieu of recent photos, here are some from the annals.

Aaron and I the night before our wedding

Abby and I at the petting zoo

An outtake from our engagement pictures

My nephew is a puzzle-working prodigy


Once on a date night, we ended up at Lowe's (this happens more than you might think) and we decided to measure our height with the ruler on the floor.


Road trip scenery

The thunder's cracking, the rain is drizzling, and my eyelids are drooping. It's off to bed. Why is falling asleep to the sound of rain so comforting?




1 comment:

  1. Lara, definitely a big "no" on the flat screen. At the moment I'm not doing too well on the camera either. My first attempt was a failure and it looks to me like there might be a small gear missing. I'm going to try again but it's not looking good. Maybe you overexaggerated your dad's fix-it abilities. Dad

    ReplyDelete