Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Twice As Good


Kyndel got married.

It was beautiful. The scenery was coffee-table-book worthy. Her face was radiant, peace and joy dancing in the little lines around her eyes. Dannon held her arm and led her down the aspen leafed aisle. The anticipation of months swelled and was met by a lovely bride and a good man.

I was blessed to be there. Blessed by the witness of the best picture we have of Christ's love for His church. Blessed by the change of pace, a break in the mountains from busy Missouri life. Blessed by the nearness of my three dearest friends, who are flung far out across this country, making reunions triple-thick sweet.

Life keeps changing, but these girls are forever friends. We've been across the hall from each other and across the ocean. We've been through seasons where we tripped over a misunderstanding every five feet and seasons where we couldn't go to bed for all the laughter. We've argued over boys and cried together when the breakups came. We've prayed our way through hard classes, family troubles, post-college decisions, and the big question of "how do I know he's the one?"

Three of us our married. We've been there. Two of us are getting ready to go overseas as long-term missionaries. We're still praying. Babies will come someday, and I hope I'm in those waiting rooms. I love these girls to no end, and thank Jesus for His life which links us together with more longevity than we could ever create on our own.

when I am down and need to cry till morning
I know just where I am going
when I'm in need of sweet commiseration
to speak out loud

raise a glass to friendship and to knowing
you don't have to go alone
we'll raise our hearts to share each others burdens
on this road

with every burden I have carried
with every joy it's understood
life with you is half as hard
and twice as good


with my good news you're dancing on the table
babies born to celebration
the joy of life oh what a sweet communion
shared with you
I know we're growing older
can you imagine what that will bring
it's all a mystery to me now
but this one thing

will be half as hard, and twice as good

-Lyrics from "Twice as Good" by Sara Groves


I love you, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, now I'm missing "those" years!! You told this story very well. :)

    ReplyDelete