Saturday, July 10, 2010

Still here

We're still here. Well not here, but there, but still very much here.

Still with me?

Aaron and I have been in the mountains of Colorado since May 27th. Our cell phones are on constant roam, costing us 56 cents a minute should we choose to use them. We don't have daily Internet access. And to watch TV, we have to go to a local restaurant.

Secretly, I'm loving it. I sort of like being a hermit and having a good excuse for it.

We're mainly scooping ice-cream, a lot of the mint chocolate chip and cookie dough variety, some of the butterfinger blast and mudpie persuasion, and a little of the black walnut and sugar-free vanilla family.

We're climbing fourteeners. We have one left in the area to mount. In the middle of our last peak hike, we were blasted with sleet on a narrow ridge. Aaron assured me that we wouldn't get struck by lightning, and after some blubbering and a little bit of backtracking, I agreed to continue on. We made it.

We're in a small group that we love. It's a mix of ages and backgrounds and open to anyone, no matter where they are on the road to Jesus. We spend time sharing and praying, and it's beautiful to watch our burdens become communal and our hope become stronger because of the Holy Spirit within us.

I'm sunbathing and reading Tale of Two Cities. (Aaron is reading but not so much sunbathing.)
We're also reading The Hobbit outloud to each other, although sometimes, when we're in the car, I accidentally leave it behind if I'm reading something else on my own. "Oh babe, you wanted me to bring the Hobbit? Guess I'll just have to read this..."

In short, we're having a great time. This season has been such a blessing to our marriage and our souls. We do miss friends in Missouri, but are we thankful for a few months of rest and renewal.

Sorry I don't have pictures right now...but hopefully soon to come.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are well..think about you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOAH! They're alive.
    Tale of Two Cities - One of my favorite books ever. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Poppa

    ReplyDelete