Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We're so close to the end, and I'm lovin' and hatin' every minute. We have 7 or 8 days of school left, depending on how you count. They feel very long in one way, but will I miss this? On my crazy days? Or maybe even a little on my sane days?

Teaching. Phew. I probably need to write some sort of reflective essay come May 22. But for now, golly, I think it's summed up pretty well by saying it's the hardest job I've ever had. Even harder than that one summer job that I LOATHED. I was a switchboard operator for the hospital, and I had to memorize a gagillion numbers, and if I did something wrong, it really mattered, because it was a hospital! My best job ever would have to be serving ice-cream in Lake City. I loved that job. Shout out to Di, Sarah, and Kyndel!

The official countdown is as follows.

Days of school left: 7 (We'll go with 7.)
Days until I get married: 39 (In the thirties! Wowie!)

What are you counting down in your life right now?
(And do you think it's bad to have countdowns? The bad thing being that it keeps us from living fully in the present?)

1 comment:

  1. Countdowns. Currently I'm a fan. But yes I don't want to get caught up in them so I don't enjoy the present. But sometimes they are necessary to survive the insanity (insert here my story from going to the roller skating rink with over 100 5 and 6 year olds yesterday. Oh gracious. Think about how many skates I tied and untied.) I'm jealous of your countdown that's in the 30s. But hey, we're 4.5 months which I think is sounding a lot better than 7 when we started. :)
    P.S. I love you lots!
    And I don't mean to brag, but I have 3 days left :)

    ReplyDelete