Monday, May 25, 2009

Some new things

It's 11:21 p.m. I need to be responsible and go to bed, but it's hard to make myself because...

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!

And really, for the rest of my life, if I want. :)

It's such a good feeling to be done. Aaron and I went to KC to visit his family this weekend, and now we're back. I have nothing ahead of me in the next month except for wedding planning. Well, that's not exactly nothing. But it kinda feels like nothing when compared to lesson planning, grading, and disciplining.

So many exciting things are happening. We've had several fun showers lately. It's overwhelming how generous people are. It's hard for me to not get wrapped up in the acquistion part of it all. When Aaron and I initially went to register, we tried to be very careful about what we scanned. No wild waving of the gun. "Do we really need this item?" we asked. But the line between need and want is so very thin, and the American line is waaaay different than the rest of the world's. My downfall has been an enticing feature most registries have: online modification. I've added a few more things with the easy mouse click. Aaron says he needs to change the registry password so I can't do any more damage. I think he's right. Anyway, we are so blessed by people's gifts, but I'm struggling to maintain open hands. I want to remember that none of it is really mine, and that in a few years, we might be packing our bags for India or South America and leaving it all behind anyway.

This cute picture comes from one of the aforementioned showers. Baby Drew was the only boy allowed. :) Three generations! I love it!


Another very exciting thing that recently happened was that we got to see inside of our house! The previous owners are in the process of moving out, so their stuff is in some of the pictures. This is another area where I feel overwhelmed by a good gift. Aaron and I are moving into a house with no rent payments due to K-life, and our awesome landlady is letting us pick out new paint colors and a new countertop. Wow. We have been frequently reminding ourselves that this is not the norm for a newly-married couple, and that once we are done with K-life, we will probably live in a studio apartment or something. Yet another reason not to fill the house full. :) Here are some pictures:


The kitchen.



This is one of my favorite parts of the house--the French doors! This view is from the guest room/office looking out into the living room. There's my handsome almost husband. 25 days! Holla!

Finally, the living room looking into the dining room. I love how open it is. It will be great for K-life meetings. And I also like the three windows all together in the dining room.

So that's a little peek at our house. Maybe I'll put up some new pictures when we paint. I really am going to bed now.

1 comment:

  1. What a great house and a GREAT deal! You guys will always remember it, I'm sure. I'm really excited to have fun shopping on your registry this weekend. You guys picked out some great stuff. Love the colors! (note: registering for our wedding was when I met my 'materialism monster' as I like to call it...it's a tough battle but a significant victory.)

    16 days to go!!!

    ReplyDelete