Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We are writing research papers in sixth grade.

ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

I think it's harder for me than it is for them. Actually, they're doing okay. But here are some of the comments and questions I've heard lately:

"Miss Casey, I've looked through this entire book and it doesn't have any information." (The book is focused entirely on that student's particular topic and is written for kids.)

"Miss Casey, why can't I use the word "I" in my paper? And why can't I end it with "The End"?

"Two pages is so much to write!"

This is the point where I remember that they are 12. Maybe I need to give them a bit of a break. But I also get frustrated because I know they are capable of so much more than they want to reach for. They're lazy. They love their iPods, texting, and Facebook. Good grief.

But I am lazy too. Spiritually, I see it the most lately. If the Word of God is so important to me, why don't I make it a time priority?

Just musing. We have testing next week, and then two weeks of school, and we are finished!

1 comment:

  1. I love thinking of you being a teacher. I wish you had been my sixth grade teacher.

    ReplyDelete