Thursday, January 8, 2009

the ring's on her finger

First things first.

I'm engaged.

The blog has been stagnant for a while, I know. I haven't been up to cyber-musing because I knew I couldn't write about just anything until I wrote about that one thing. But oh. How do you write about that one thing, I wondered?

I'm going for the straightforward approach. I'm engaged to Aaron Christopher Weaver, and our God is so, so, good.

For those of you who don't know our story, here's the SparkNotes version.

May 2006 - Boy meets girl. Boy thinks girl is awesome. Girl thinks boy is nice, but she's not interested, thank you very much.

Fall 2006 - Boy and girl go separate ways to their respective colleges. Boy emails girl for a while, but they both become busy. Girl is a senior, and she is crazy worried about whether or not she will graduate and what she will do after graduation. She is also dating someone else. So is boy. The plot seems to wane.

May 2007 - Boy and girl are both single again. Boy calls girl.

Summer 2007 - Girl works at ice-cream shop. Boy writes girl letters. Girl shows letters to her friends and says, "What do you think? Does he like me?" Friends say yes. Girl shrugs.

Fall 2007 - Girl goes to India. Girl continues to receive letters from boy. Hmm...boy sure is nice...and he seems godly...and he is verrrry persistent.

December 2007 - Girl returns to hometown.. Her heart is heavy from the things she has seen, and she feels very foggy about the future. Boy is waiting. Boy asks girl out on girl's first day back. Boy will later say he was not asking her out; he was only wanting to hear about India. Girl sees through his ploy.

January 2008 - Girl and boy begin to "hang out." Boy asks girl to paint his kitchen with her. Girl prays that boy's heart doesn't get hurt.

February 2008- Girl's heart begins to change. What???? This was not what she had prayed for. Late February, Boy asks girl to date him. Girl says yes.

March - November 2008 - Girl and boy date. Boy amazes girl a bit more each month. Girl is generally selfish and indecisive. Boy is generally compassionate and steady. Gradually, girl starts to love boy.

November 24, 2008 - On a country bridge, boy asks girl to marry him with the help of 100 pink sticky-notes. Girl laughs...and says yes.

There you have it. I'm so thankful for God's patience and His continual guidance. I am thankful for Aaron's patience too. :)



The date is set for June 20, 2009.





8 comments:

  1. Yay Lara! I knew you were engaged, but it's fun to read the story. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good sparknotes version, friend. and i'm working hard to get home by June 20th! (but don't get your hopes up...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, sweet friend! I have always known that God had someone very special destined for you and it seems that he wrote the perfect story... which you beautifully "sparknote-ed". LOL

    I love you and I miss your sweet self!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok..... My heart is glowing after reading this long-awaiting tale. I have been assured from first-hand observers, that he is indeed worthy of Lara-the-Great. I agree. God is sooooo Good.

    Dear, dear girl, isn't our Father so VERY good. We love you MUCH and it's on the calendar; we'll try our best! Tell your Mom I want a good chat about all this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super story Lara. I loved the shortened version. : )

    Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and yeah! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats lara....you're getting hitched in lake city, right? it is beautiful here then...

    ReplyDelete