Tuesday, February 5, 2008

w a i t i n g

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth."

It must have been crowded in that room, Jesus and all twelve disciples, eleven after Judas slipped out into the night. Crowded and maybe hot. I wonder, were they sleepy? Did they shift positions as the Son of Man spoke, their minds a little confused and foggy?


Jesus told them of the Comforter. The Spirit who would live in them and give them truth.


I hold to this promise tonight. I am confused. I do feel foggy. I can't see into the months ahead. I said no to something my heart wanted this week, and I think the "no" was the answer the Spirit was giving. But I am sad, and waiting for the whatever yes He is going to reveal feels lonely and long.


Pray for this sister in Missouri, if you think of her. There is more than this moment, I know. More beyond this achy night. More. Coming.

A thing resounds when it rings true
Ringing all the bells inside of you
Like a golden sky on a summer eve
Your heart is tugging at your sleeve
And you cannot say why
There must be more

There is more
More than we can stand
Standing in the glory
Of a love that never ends
There is more
More than we can guess
More and more, forever more
And not a second less

-Andrew Peterson

4 comments:

  1. For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. -II Cor. 1:20

    Here's to all the "yes" we have. Praying, sis.

    bn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Amen. yay for the Jesus in Andrew Peterson who knows just what to say at the right times it seems. And our favorite Sara. And we get to see her tonight!
    I understand about the saying "no" to something your heart wanted a lot. "But sometimes the right thing and the hard thing is the same." Who knew the Fray had some spiritual lyrics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lara, I came across your blog and I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friend, keep writing here. We are still reading. We are still wondering and wandering with you. May you know, today, the peace of Christ that surpasses all understanding.

    I KNOW WHO HOLDS TOMORROW
    (song by Ira Stanphill)

    I don't know about tomorrow,
    I just live from day to day;
    I don't borrow from its sunshine,
    For its skies may turn to gray.
    I don't worry o'er the future,
    For I know what Jesus said;
    And today I'll walk beside Him,
    For He knows what is ahead.

    Many things about tomorrow
    I don't seem to understand;
    But I know who holds tomorrow,
    And I know who holds my hand.
    (Copyright 1950 by Singspiration, Inc.)

    ReplyDelete