Friday, February 1, 2008

Träumerei (dreaming)

"I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind." -Emily Brontë

Dreaming...
of when brokenness becomes a mosaic of pieces so beautiful
of when women are free
of when children have all they need to eat
of when pain is a thing of the past
of when the pinholes of light blaze into eternal glory
of when He comes, and we see His face

In the middle of the night
We try and try with all our mights
To light a little light down here
In the middle of the night
We dream of a million kites
Flying high above
The sadness and the fear
-Patty Griffin

FOR BETH AND KRISTIN AND SARAH, DREAMING STILL.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your dreams. i have a few, too, still. if it helps. your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete