Saturday, October 13, 2007

there's gonna be a great big party

One thin sheet of glass
separates my world from his
two brown eyes and two brown hands
small boy, looking in
Here is my cafe americano
There is his empty tin plate
I with 500 rupees
He with no spare change

"Let me in"
his silence says
his patient eyes lock mine
"Let me in"
to bright lights
muffin rows
"Let me in"
from dirty sidewalks
pushing crowds

There is a table coming
a feast to end all feasts
No more glass to keep you out
You will get one of the best seats
The King who made your frame
He will greet you there
The last have become the greatest
Come,
Enter in.

"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." -Matthew 18:3-4

Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. -Luke 6:21

_____________________________________________

My team heads to Nepal tomorrow for a one week visit. We'll spend two days in Kathmandu, the capital, and then we'll head to the countryside for a retreat with the WMF Nepal staff. I am so excited. Not only will the weather be cooler, it will also be restful for our team. Pray that we will hear Jesus' voice in what could be more quiet than we've had since our arrival two months ago. We're at the halfway mark, by the way! Hard to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment